Sunday, February 22, 2009

chap 5

It’s around evening time when we reach there, just my guessing. As we take our seats, I suddenly hear a voice; “May I take your order?” That should be the waiter and they really have quick hands and feet. “Coffee please.” Said Jamie. “And you sir?” “Errmmm tea will do.” I answered. After the waiter left, Jamie asks;
“You don’t drink coffee, Mr Harris?”
“Ermm, no. Not really. By the way, just call me Samuel…I mean Sam.”
“Haha alright Sam. Anyway, my name is Jamie Larter, I hope you still remember? Sorry, I didn’t really introduce myself that day because it’s sure it was a busy day.”
“Ohh, right…that’s ok!”
Hahhh, now that’s better. At least she has answered my next question, which is quite embarrassing. But still, I am feeling a bit weird because I am actually talking to someone that I don’t really know. Sort of like a stranger to me!
“So how’s your day, Sam?”
“Ermm fine, I guess!”
“I see. Glad to hear that. So how long you have been staying in this orphanage place?”
“Bout 8 years I guess.”
“Wow, that is long. So do you like your place?”
“I…got no comment for now!” I shook my head; don’t know how to answer her.
“Haha, well I sort of like your place, because it’s a new environment to me. And i…..”
And there goes our conversation. Though I don’t really know how to talk, she is patient enough to continue talking to me to keep the conversation alive. It’s amazing that we have been talking for more than 1 hour. I just don’t know how describe it, but for the first time; there are actually people who are willing to spend time with me. Of course I feel weird and shy but I am actually having…fun even though she did most of the talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment