Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Finale

“Dare you to move….Dare you to mov..(stop)”. My hand is quick enough to reach to my cell phone and turn off the alarm. Its only 7 am and the sky is still dark here. I toss around my bed for a few more times, its part of my bad habit that never change. Feeling satisfied, I finally sit up on my bed, but my whole body is tired due to the aftermath of sleepless night. I wrap my hands around my face and sigh. I know this will come but I still chose not to sleep. Without wasting anytime, I go into the bathroom for hot shower. After showering, I wipe the mirror which is covered with water vapour due to the condensation and I stare at myself for awhile. The longer I look at myself, the more freak out I am. “Today is the day!” I told myself. I change into a white ‘slim fit’ stripes shirt and a pair of dark ‘coated’ skinny jeans. I take some time to groom myself with ‘Osis+’ matt gum. After I got down from the flat where I live, I look around…having no love to this place, I walk straight to leave this ‘dump’ area. Colour of the sky starts to change from dark into dark blue but no car is yet to be seen on the street. Air is still cool and fresh. It’s a perfect condition to jog I tell myself. As I walk and walk, my surrounding also becomes brighter and brighter due to the rising sun. The sun is making ‘its’ own presence known to everyone by lasering the bright and heated UV light to the surface. This also means that the appearance of people and cars are increasing exponentially. Life here is really congested…but who cares. I have reached my destination, a run-down apartment that is sited at a higher terrain not far from the ‘dump’ site. Up to the rooftop I go, where I can see the most beautiful view of the city. After enjoying this view for the last time, I decided, its time now! I reach into my pocket to take out my cell phone and I make a call to her. Duu duut! Duu Duut! Duu Du… “Hello?” A girls voice who is obviously awaken by the phone ring pick up the call. “Hello, Kathy, sorry to wake you up early in the morning but there is something that I have been always wanted to tell you.” Not allowing her to interrupt, I continue “I just want to thank you for being such a good friend of mine. You never failed to care for me from the first day we met. You are patient, sweet and humble, that’s what I really like about you.” “Ohh thanks Sam. That is so sweet of you but you don’t have to tell me this in this hour.” Her voice is soft and tendering with care that can melt my heart every time I listen it.
“…Kathy, listen, this is the last thing I wana say to you…” I held breath,
“Ani Ohev Otach!”
“Sam….”
“Good bye, Katherine.”
I quickly press the ‘end’ call button and switch off my cell phone. Take a deep breath again and I close my eyes.

I jump off from the edge of the rooftop.

No comments:

Post a Comment